Monday, March 21, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

The title is self-explanatory. This is a list of my favorite things.

  • Lists. What thing to start off with. I love making lists. Some are short, some are long, but I really love lists. They could be lists of anything in the whole wide world. It does not matter. I prefer them handwritten, but any kind of list will do.
  • Ice cream. What would our world be without ice cream? My favorites (yes - more than one, I really can not limit it to just one): Baskin Robbins' Peanut Butter N Chocolate. Mmmm... Baskin Robbins' Love Potion #31, once again, heaven in a cup. Butter Pecan, it makes me feel like a classic movie, that I should be living in Black and White - which, is completely weird, but it is utterly delicious. Rainbow Sherbet - summer in an ice cream cone.
  • Reading and books. I can get lost in any book. I always give a book the benefit of the doubt. It might not seem very good, but 8 times out of 10, it definitely turns out better than it started.
  • Sunglasses. I have quite a few pairs. Thankfully, I was blessed with a wide-ish, heart-ish, and round-ish shaped face. I can pull off any big sunglasses in the world. I can pull off aviators and classic Ray-Bans. I can't pull off anything small, but anyway, I have a bunch, in many different colors. I just love them.
  • Real Housewives of Orange County. It is almost embarrassing, but it really is my favorite. I do not dislike the other versions of the show, but Orange County is the original and it is my absolute, hands down favorite.
  • Old Hollywood. It sounds silly but anything from 1920 - 1960. It was a different time. It was a different world. Movies were better, people were more creative, movie stars weren't so whacked out. It was just better.
  • French Toast. My favorite breakfast food. Mmm... with lots of cinnamon and syrup.
  • Watching cooking and decorating shows, things that are so far from my life, but I love them.
  • Dresses and skirts. Don't get me wrong, I love my comfy jeans and leggings, but really, I love dresses and skirts. Long or short, plain or printed, with heels, flats or flip flops. Obviously I should have been born when pants were forbidden on women. I really could hvae gone for those times.
  • Grease and Footloose. Best movies, ever. They don't even need any explaining.
  • Parenthood, the TV show. I'm a crazy cross of Kristina and Julia, and I love it; while Chris is a cross of Adam and Joel. I love that even more.
  • San Diego. I live here nad I love it. It is my happy place. Beaches, sunshine, and all the things that I want in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment