Thursday, February 3, 2011

hair. sequins. kiddos. and more...

Everyone has hair. Some in places where they don't want it, but this is not here nor there. I'm talking about the kind of hair on your head. I was thinking about my hair today, I am a girl after all, and it always amazes me that a large amount of people, men and women alike, can not even recall what their natural hair color is. Last night as I was blow drying it, I called my hair, "virgin" because it really is. I don't dye it. I don't relax it. I sometimes straighten it, but mostly, I let it hang loose. Literally. I'm growing it back out, kind of because I want to donate it to Locks of Love and kind of because I miss having long hair. Also, for everyone out there: my hair is BROWN. Yes, not blonde. It is brown. If you put it up to a brown shirt, it is similar in color. It is light brown. I'm not upset because I don't want to be blonde, but I don't know on what planet it is blonde. (Yes, I always say on what planet, as if there is any other planet with human life that we all came from or constantly visit.)

Sequins. Yes, I have a sequin dress. Anyway, this woman at my church also has said dress. She wears it with a cardigan, scarf and flat boots and doesn't look like an overdressed fool. I, on the other hand, do. I can't figure it out. It is rather unfortunate because I don't normally have an issue with being overdressed. I like to look nice and I don't like to look like a slob. Eventually, maybe, I'll get it right.

I don't want kids any time soon, but I do want them. I want to be a mom. If I had kids right now you would be meeting: Alexis Nicole and Kiefer James but who knows what things in 5 to 10 years from now will bring? Anyway, some days I wake up and think, I do not want to go back to school and finally get a teaching credential. Other days, I can't wait. I don't know if I would be a good teacher; I like to think so, but who really knows. Anyway, it is so important to me that our youth be educated. It is beyond important. I have my hang ups on writing and spelling and being able to do simple math equations, just like others can not stand messy rooms, bananas, and certain smells but it is uncalled for to not know the difference between: to, two, and too or there, their and they're. I also want kids to know about history (obviously) and know why things are the way they are. I want to be able to explain the Constitution and how different economies and governments can exist and manage to get along. I shudder to think of how people don't know certain things; I was appalled when I heard it was against the law to give an African-American student an IQ test. I do not care who you are, where you're from, your age, your name, or anything, but if you need special education or assistance, you need it, bottom line.

I haven't been blogging in a few days, I've been busy. I'm trying to hop back on different wagons (healthy eating, exercising, blogging, reading, writing, etc.) but I really am trying to make an effort. My day is too boring without purpose and meaning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment