Wednesday, February 16, 2011

























"Life's too short, so love the one you got; 'cause you might get run over or you might get shot." - What I Got - Sublime




"Trust me friend, a hundred years goes faster than you think. So don't blink... Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand, you can't flip it over and start again. Take every breathe God gives you for what its worth." - Don't Blink - Kenny Chesney






"Be your best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you. Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense. Never let your praying knees get lazy. And love like crazy." - Love Like Crazy - Lee Brice










Life is full of moments. Moments that take our breath away. Moments that stop us dead in our tracks. Moments that fill us with awe; moments that consume us with sorrow. Moments where we question everything; moments where we believe everything we hear. Sometimes we experience these together, and sometimes we experience them all alone. Sometimes we experience them with others, but feel we are all alone. If our life was an old, black and white silent movie, what would it be? What would the captions be? If you could freeze time, what would you choose? How would we do it?










"Last night I had a crazy dream




A wish was granted just for me




It could be for anything




I didn't ask for money




Or a mansion in Malibu




I simply wished for one more day with you





One more day




Onoe more time




One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied




But then again




I know what it would do




Leaving me wishing, for one more day with you"





One More Day - Diamond Rio









I know this song is about lovers but it equally applies. Who wouldn't wish for one more day with someone? One more minute, one more hour, one more conversation, one more hug, one more anything. Who would give it all up just for that?









I would give up all the money in my bank account, all my possessions, everything I have just to spend one more day with Grandma Pat. Every moment of every day that I see people taking for granted what their grandparents do for them I think, how do you deserve someone who loves you so much that you don't care to treat them right? Yet, I know, someday she and I will meet again. I have faith that there is a heaven and that she is happy and in a much better place. I know that Grandpa Gerry is in the same place, with uncle Bob and Grandpa Fred and Grandma Marlene. If they are all up there together, they are at a big table waiting for the rest of us.




Remember what you have. Remember how precious life is and how quickly it comes and goes. Each time a baby is born, someone else dies.















Rest in peace Damian. You were loved by many, and no matter what anybody else thinks or feels, I know you in a much better place with the mom and probably the only person you felt really truly loved and cared for you. Smile down on this world and know that there are many men and women who can only be thankful and happy that they knew you.
































No comments:

Post a Comment