Friday, February 25, 2011

READING

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx

I love reading. I would rather read a book than watch a movie. I have a bookshelf with multitudes of different kinds of books. Some are more childish, some require more intellectual ability, others are for fun; some are romantic, some are hilarious; some are true, while others are fictitious; there are some that are about people, some about places, and many about things. I just love reading. I've rarely met a book that I didn't like. I also don't think I ever leave the library with just one kind of book. This last time I checked out books by Nora Roberts, "Little Altars Everywhere," by Rebecca Wells, and the "The Scarlet Letter," by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Romance, lifestyle, and a classic. I have read every Jodi Picoult book, as well as every Nicholas Sparks; I love "Twilight," and "Harry Potter."


"I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book." ~Groucho Marx

I'm looking forward to reading new books. I'm definitely looking forward to the new Jodi Picoult book, "Sing You Home." Her books are just excellent to read. Although I have learned to predict them, but anyway, they are great. I just bought, "In a Heartbeat," by Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, which, I can not wait to read. It should be so inspirational. I thoroughly enjoyed The Blind Side and know that I will love this book. I really can't wait to read, "Heaven is for Real," about this little boy who died and went to heaven. That will come at a later date. "Water for Elephants," which I must read before I see the movie. "Eat, Pray, Love," which I have read, just on a related note, was so much better as a book rather than a movie. I've heard so much about Stieg Larrson's books, I can not wait to read them. I have read so many books for so many reasons, some I have loved, others I have loathed.


"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." ~Oscar Wilde

My favorites are as follows:
The Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts
The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
White Oleander - Janet Fitch
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

I just love opening a book. I love starting a new book. I love all that you can learn from a book. Most of all, I love the library and I love bookstores. They are so great. I think I just really love learning, and reading is always learning.

"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life,'" ~Helen Exley



No comments:

Post a Comment