Saturday, August 27, 2011

Not to brag, because I know there are plenty who find this an easy run, but I ran 5 miles again today. Over 5 in 50 mins. I'm slowly quickening my pace. I waver between 9:40 and 10:00 min miles. I could have ran forever. I know its because I had lots of carbs for breakfast. Both times I've been able to run that far I had eaten only carbs. My body had plenty of fuel.

I'm trying to really focus on clean eating. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies as it is, so I just want to up it. I'm thinking that this would be what I would eat, or something similar:

Breakfast:
oatmeal
berries
water
coffee (can't give it up)

Snack:
hardboiled eggs
carrots

Lunch:
salad with lots of veggies
chicken

Snack:
turkey slices
string cheese
baby tomatoes

Dinner:
beef/chicken/fish
two veggies

Snack:
yogurt
berries/apple

That's really a lot of food, but I have to fuel myself and not be tempted by the CRAP that my coworkers always have. Chips, cookies, cake, candy, etc. The snack before dinner will change whether I'm going to the gym or not, if I am, it will be less protein, more carbs, like an apple or something. Let's hope I can manage this.

No comments:

Post a Comment