Friday, January 20, 2012

Reading List

Even though it is getting kind of late on a Friday night, and I have to be up early to take Christopher to work and go to the gym, I have the strongest urge to make a large pot of coffee (Vanilla Nut flavored beans sweetened stevia to be exact) and curl up and read this:


I love J. D. Salinger. His short stories and of course, "The Catcher in the Rye" is only my favorite book of all time ("To Kill A Mockingbird" and the "Harry Potter" books tie for second). Iv'e even been contemplating, many years from now, when I have children, if I have girls to name them Franny and Zooey. Zooey, I love, however, with Franny I am not keen on naming a child Frances or Francine. Anyway, I probably won't be having the coffee or reading that tonight, but I suggest you go read all Mr. Salinger has to offer. Even if you read "Catcher" in high school, and didn't like it, I will choose to not degrade you or look down upon you, but suggest to try the short stories. Just pick one, you don't have to read them all. Try and enjoy it. I remember reading them in high school and loving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment