Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Year Ago Today


Exactly one year ago today, we started our cross country adventure from Maryland to California. It was definitely one of the BEST trips ever, in fact, it was THE BEST TRIP EVER! This first photo is us right after we left Double T Diner where we had breakfast with Chris's mom, brother, and grandparents. Yum, I miss Double T breakfasts.

(We were really excited, can't you tell?)

This is the sign, "Leaving Maryland, Come Back Soon." Chris has been back a few times, but I have not been back yet. Oh well, here is the sign. It was probably an hour or so into our trip.

(ADIOS Maryland)

This is us entering Virginia, right after leaving Maryland. Another sign.
(Welcome to Virginia, woo hoo, first border crossing!)

This is Chris climbing a rock at Natural Bridge in Virginia. We had lunch there, walked around, hiked around, etc. Fun, fun, fun!

(No real rock climbing, that's all he and I did.)

Since I'm not into rock climbing, and I have no upper body strength (or used to have none, now I do) this is me on the rocks. Yep, that's all.

(So EXCITED!!!)

This is a camp in the park at Natural Bridge. It was a make shift Native American camp on the (or what I believe was) Cedar Creek Nature Trail. There were lots of different camp photographs, I stuck with one for you.
(Would you believe me if I told you we camped out like that? Yeah, I didn't think so).

That was day one where we ended up in Blacksburg, Virginia, which is where Virginia Tech University is. I do not have any photos from there. We got a hotel, went to Bull and Bones for dinner, I had a really good pulled pork sandwich where you can make your own BBQ sauce. Chris had a duck wrap. It was all good. Some beers at a local bar where the college kids hang out, and that was all. Just wait until tomorrow, we go on to the Volunteer State. Enjoy these memories and nostalgia of last year's trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment