Sunday, January 16, 2011

Take Me All the Way

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

I had never heard of this song before today and I thought to myself, what an excellent way to start a Sunday. I think it is so important for all of us. Sometimes we get up and go to church, just to do it, and put not thought into it. We don't do any more than just going to church. It spoke to me, something that happens more often than not, but this one really struck a chord. I just think that sometimes life takes over, we're always trying to work or go to school; exercise or relax; grocery shopping and running errands; and then when it comes time to spending time with God we focus only on Sunday morning. Shouldn't it be more often. We should come together and worship, we should worship in private. Part of the sermon in church today, well, a few words of it, among others, was that "Worship is private; worship is public." It makes sense, you have to strengthen your faith and worship amongst others, but also, all alone. God directed us in both ways:
"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father who is unseen.
hen your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." - Matthew 6:6
"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” - Matthew 18:20

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

It definitely isn't easy, and we definitely have to ask God for His strength. This song should be a jump start for Christians everywhere. It takes more than going through the motions. Going through the motions can help build a habit, but make it a better habit. Do more than just going through the motions.

"The Motions" - Matthew West

**************************

On a different note, today is/was a BEAUTIFUL day. Nothing inspires me more than the sun shining and warmth on my skin. God is so good, He has given me this beautiful day and He will give me many, many more. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment