Thursday, January 27, 2011

mad about plaid, among other things

I know that plaid shirts have been quite fashionable as of late, and realistically, I don't have a problem with them. However, when has it EVER been considered fashionable to wear it every single day. I'm not just talking girls, I'm talking boys and girls; men and women? I mean, yes, I have two plaid shirts in my closet, but they rarely make my weekly outfit rotation. They're more for comfort, not for actually trying to look attractive. I've been wondering that. Unless you're a farmer, you probably don't need to be wearing plaid every day.

I signed up for a radio stations FREEbies thing to try and win tickets to stuff and other prizes. I'd really like to go see Tim McGraw with Luke Bryan and the Band Perry. However, I'm not at all sure if that will be a reality. Oh, and I want to go see Taylor Swift, but once again, that may not become a reality either.

I have some of the best coworkers ever! They threw me a birthday bash fit for a princess (yes, that's me). Nachos and carrot cake, yum-o. I just need my Red Velvet Cake for the weekend, my free meal at Cafe Coyote and anything else that strikes my fancy. Not that I'm a spoiled little girl or anything... Okay, I am, I really truly am. But I really like to think of it more as a blessing. I am so thankful for all the opportunities and the blessings God has bestowed upon me. There are so many less fortunate people out there who really need things more than me. Which is why....

I'm participating in the Relay for Life this year with my coworkers. "Justice for the Cure" we will be and we will be great at it. Walking is my middle name so I think it'll be fun. Not to mention it is for a good cause. I know I can raise $50. And I also might give my time to the Women's Resource Fair. It supports battered women and children. As well as those who are homeless. At a minimum I can donate items. Sometimes it is better to give than receive and as someone who wants/wanted to be a teacher, children hold a special place in my heart. They do not ask to be born into poverty, or bad families. They don't asked to be beat, raped, killed, or to have no clean clothes.

So, from being selfish to selfless. All in all, I'm a very happy, positive little lady. Or as Chris would call me, a little Tatey.

No comments:

Post a Comment