Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Excuse Me

You know how they say if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all?  
For some reason I've been spitting venom as of late.  
Yes, I might be worse than Nagini (and if you don't get my reference to this maybe I should send some your way, just kidding - it is Voldemort's big giant snake in Harry Potter).  
That's really beside the point; I've been saying nice things that are laced with hatred; I've been rude and more obnoxious than usual (I'm obnoxious in a cute, bratty way, normally); I've been a complainer and I've been coming up with excuses FOR EVERYTHING.  I'm too tired, I'm too hungry, I didn't do this, I did do that, I woke up late, I forgot because I'm so busy, blah blah blah.  
I'm not into what's cool, but as Ke$ha would say, "this place about to blow."  
If I was a teapot, I'd be steaming and screaming so loud you'd throw me out the window.  
I mean, I exercise almost everyday, and sure we all have bad days at work, but I should have so many endorphins flowing through me that I should be burping up sparkles.  
I haven't been able to sleep, and when I do it is fitfully and not well.  I stay up way too late, for no reason.  
Please excuse me while I rant and rave about nothing and make awful analogies and quote from movies, etc.  

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?
1.  Nice things laced with hatred?  I say things and patronize people to watch them squirm under my "niceties" that clearly are not nice.  It makes me angry and sick because I am not a mean person.  I am not mean spirited.  I am too compassionate sometimes for my own good.  So, how could I be acting this week? I hate people I've never even met because they happened to look at me.  Seriously?  Who do I even think I am?  I'm not a princess and I'm not the president.  

2.  Rude and more obnoxious?  Yes, I know, that sounds bizarre.  But I don't let people talk.  I cut them off.  I make everything about me.  I'm irritating, on purpose.  I try to rub people the wrong way.  It is almost like I want people to hate me.  Eew, this makes me want to throw up.  

3.  Complaining and excuses?  I didn't call you/text you/email you/follow up/do what I was asked to because I have 3,958,230,414 other things to do.  Take a number, please.  And now here I am complaining about all of it.  

Seriously?  Why hasn't anyone slapped me yet?  Is this for real?  Am I living in some alternate world where people expect me to be this way?  I don't talk to people and when I do it isn't because I want to, it is because I have to.  I can't even begin to describe the disdain and irritation that I feel on a daily basis with EVERYONE that crosses my path.  

And then I remember one thing, well a few things, actually.  

1.  If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it.  

2.  God never gives you anything you can't handle.

3.  I saw this today on Facebook, but can't find it to pin, and can't pin from Facebook, so here it is typed:  "The phrase, 'Do Not Be Afraid,' is written in the Bible 365 times.  That's a daily reminder from God to live everyday FEARLESS."  

4.  This song:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_t_87NyHx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>

The quality of the sound could be better, but I assume you get the picture, or the sound.  

So, if was rude to you, made you mad, upset you, hurt you, or overall just wasn't very friendly or happy with you at all today, please forgive me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment