Wednesday, March 7, 2012

keep watching

Disclaimer: I might make you angry or you might not care and agree with me.

G.C.B.

I thought the show was hysterical. I think that Kristin Chenoweth is so funny. She's a hysterical actress. As a Christian, I was not offended at all. It is an over dramatic stereotypical view of Christian women from Dallas. It is over the top. Kim Gatlin who wrote the book, which I haven't read, may or may not be a Christian or from Dallas. It is a stereotype and there is nothing more hysterical than over the top stereotypes. This is my personal opinion, we all have differing opinions on all kinds of subjects. If you're from the south and take offense to it, I apologize, but as a girl from California I'm thought to live next to a movie star, being a liberal nut (you know, California home of the fruits and nuts aka gays and liberals), that I might be a valley girl, that I say "like" all the time, or that I am Cher from "Clueless." I'm used to it. I'm also a Christian (Lutheran to be specific) and of course I'm thought to be judgmental and biased. And that's fine because I know who I am and what I believe in. And if this show makes me laugh, good for me. I'm gonna read the book and I'm fine by it. If you're not interested in it, awesome, but you should check it out if you have a sense of humor.

Just remember, no matter your opinion you can't boycott life. And anyone who thinks that the show is inappropriate I can probably think of 3 or 4 TV shows that you watch which I might feel how you feel about this one. Laugh at it. And be thankful that you aren't these ladies, or keep wishing you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment