Thursday, February 9, 2012

Inspiration NOT Thinspiration

I have been totally MIA and I apologize.
I went to my parents' for a long weekend for my grandfather's funeral and internment, which did not happen. That's another story for another day.

Today I stumbled across this article:

It made me sick, but I know that we have a huge problem in this society. We think that being skinny, model thin, "perfect," with no blemishes, etc. is what makes us a woman and beautiful. First and foremost, most models are close to 6 feet tall. It is easier to look thin when you're that tall than when you are 5 feet tall. But, we all know that these magazines and advertisements are airbrushed. No matter what way you slice the cake, and please eat the cake, they aren't realistic. I am a huge fan of new mantras that I have seen: Strong is the new Skinny. So much better.

I know that I am in the process of losing weight, although I am doing it in a healthful manner and for more than just outward beauty. My insides need to be healthy. My grandparents' both died from heart related issues. That might only be one pat of my genetic makeup, but of my four biological grandparents, that's 50%.

I know that I will never weight 120 pounds, and I don't think I would want to be there. I know that I have wide hips and big boobs and I am okay with that. I don't have a goal weight, I'd like to wear a size 8 again. That's all. I'm not that far, but most of all, I want to be healthy. I want to lift my groceries and not feel over exerted. I want to chase after something and not be out of breath. When I'm ready for children, I want my body to be healthy for it.

I really like this pin I made a few weeks ago:




No comments:

Post a Comment