Thursday, February 16, 2012

E-L-E-V-E-N

My title is really self-explanatory. Eleven random tidbits about me. You can thank Leslie at A Blonde Ambition for this post, even though mine is a day late. Enjoy.

1. I really like to brush my teeth and love the way they feel after I have brushed them. I used to keep a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss in my purse, and really need to put it back in there.

2. I pretend that I don't watch a lot of TV. My coworkers must think I'm really boring. In all honesty, when I'm not at work or at the gym or shopping, I am watching lots of TV. I just don't watch shows when they are normally scheduled. HULU and repeats are how I keep up. In fact, watching American Idol right now, as it is normally scheduled feels odd.

3. I am addicted to Raisinets. I can not buy any kind of package of them because I will eat ALL OF THEM.


4. I am deathly afraid of skin cancer, but I love looking tan and laying out at the beach. I am a very small amount Mexican, and even when I wear SPF 100 sunscreen, I get tan.

5. I bring my camera everywhere and rarely take more than 5 pictures. I wish I had more photos to document things, but I never do.

6. I like to make lists, but they are never very organized, I don't always or ever remember to bring them with me, and I lose them. Or even worse I make multiple lists on one page that have nothing to do with each other and I inevitably throw them out. No organization skills for me.

7. Sunglasses are my favorite accessory. Sometimes you need to feel BAD. Channel Michael Jackson here please.

8. I listen to all kinds of music. Sometimes I find out about older songs like yesterday and they become my new favorite. The favorites right now are: "Bait A Hook," by Justin Moore; "Shake It Out," by Florence and the Machine; "Heads Will Roll," by Yeah Yeah Yeahs; and "Over You" and "All Kinds of Kinds," by Miranda Lambert. I love music.

9. My favorite food is Mexican. I could eat tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, etc. every single day. My waistline and hips don't approve, but I love it.

10. I love "jammies" as Chris and I call them. I love wearing pajamas. I don't wear them in public and I'm not lazy, but I love the matching top and bottom combo. In that category also fall robes and slippers. For like 5 years I wanted a big, soft, cozy robe for Christmas. My grandma made me one, that worked, but I wanted a fancy one and nobody would get me one. Finally, my coworker got me one for our secret santa at work. She might be my favorite person ever now.

11. I had 6 grandparents. My mom's parents' divorced when she was in high school and both remarried before I was born. I thought it was weird when kids only had 4. Obviously I wasn't thinking about the fact that you can't have 6 biological ones. They've all died now, but I was so lucky to have them all and to have learned so much from them.


Questions from Leslie:

1. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would it be and why?
Reese Witherspoon. Classic, chic, and comfortable all at the same time.

2. If you were a shoe, what would you look like?
Flat and leopard print. Easy to walk in, but with a kick.

3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The cupboards being left open.

4. Favorite song of all-time?
"Friends in Low Places" - Garth Brooks (I didn't even have to think about this).

5. Are you a dog person or a cat person? And why? (If you don't like animals, we can't be friends.)
Dogs. They are loyal, less moody, really just want love and affection, and are always there for you.

6. You're queen for a day. How do you spend your royal 24 hours?
Gym early. Perfect oatmeal or french toast for breakfast. Yummy lunch, lots of coffee and lasagna for dinner. I'd read by the beach, probably in Ocean City, MD in summer (it must be summer). Shop until I drop without a worry for the cost.

7. What's the most delicious thing you've ever eaten?
Filet Mignon and Creamed Spinach and Au Gratin Potatoes from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

8. What scares you the most? (This can be deep and complex or shallow...whateva you feel like!)
Dying before I really feel like I've accomplished everything I want in life.

9. Which celebrity do you wish would drift off into obscurity?
Angelina Jolie. I'm sorry if you're a fan, I really can't stand her.

10. You're 16 years old again. What advice would you give your younger self?
People will like you for who you are as a person when you're an adult. Your weight and clothing size don't make you who you are. And even if you struggle as an adult, as long as you're healthy, that's all that matters.

11. What's your Starbucks order?
Skinny Vanilla Latte or Iced Nonfat Caramel Macchiato

I don't have blog friends, so, if you'd like to post and link to my comments, go for it. :)

Eleven questions for you:

1. What was the first concert you attended and how old were you?
2. If you've gone to college, or any kind of post high school education program, do you use the degree you've received in your current job (so random, but a good question)?
3. If you could travel to any country, where would it be and why?
4. Favorite comfort food?
5. Favorite TV show (new, old, reality, etc.)?
6. What is your dream job and why?
7. What is your favorite animal, any animal real or imagined?
8. Disney theme parks, Universal theme parks, or theme parks with actual roller coasters and scary rides?
9. If fast food had no calories, what meal from what place would you eat every single day?
10. You're stranded on a desert island, what 5 things could you not live without?
11. Make up your own question and answer it!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment