Friday, October 7, 2011

Footloose and Fancy Free


If you did not know, Footloose is definitely my all time favorite movie. I haven't watched it recently (shame on me) but I really love the movie. I love Kevin Bacon's character, Ren McCormack and John Lithgow's character, Reverend Shaw Moore. I love the idea of books being banned and not being able to dance in a small town and a guy from the big city coming in to change that. I love the 1984-ness of it, I know that's not a word, but I still love it.

My heart broke in a million pieces when I saw they were remaking it, with rap in it? Something about that ruins it for me. I was watching Blake Shelton's video for Footloose and I felt forced to like it because its Blake Shelton. I don't know if I find it worse that they are literally remaking it with the same characters and would I like it better as a sequel, or the fact that it will be different.

Personally, it just won't do as well in 2011. Its too sexed up.

Anyway, this is my favorite scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment