Sunday, April 1, 2012

This Week

It isn't as though it is a shock that it is Palm Sunday.
I just tend to lose track of time, even though I go to work every day, go to church every Sunday, and happen to pay my bills on time, I just have trouble counting 40 days from Ash Wednesday (plus Sundays) and remember what day Easter is.
I'm feeling under the weather, but I am glad that I went to church today.
My church gives out a G.P.S. for us to use during the week if we so choose. It stands for Grow.Pray.Study.
It is usually short and to the point, and perfect for first thing in the morning, or right before bed. Although I have other devotionals, and access to a large amount at my fingertips online, I think these are perfect. It applies the message from Sunday to the rest of our week.
This week: Transformed by Christ.
I don't want to look at it and ruin it for the week, I just know that it is based off Philippians 2, and that we have to go down to go up. Just like Jesus washed the disciples feet before he was led to the cross.
I really want to try to be more like that. I feel so passionately about things and yet I don't think I always act on these things. So, I want to try and be better. Have a better relationship with Jesus, be a better girlfriend, a better daughter, a better sister, and a better friend. To enjoy the life I have and to remember to be thankful for things, because I could have less.
Welcome to Holy Week.

My favorite Holy Week/Good Friday/Easter modern, Christian song:

No comments:

Post a Comment