Friday, May 27, 2011

wash your mouth out with soap, try and keep it clean

If you know me well, you know that curse words don't just roll off my tongue like they do for most people. In fact, I really have to think about cursing and therefore normally I don't. It takes more effort. However, this post is not about the mouth of a trucker or a sailor, or of a 24-year-old lady. It is about my eating. I have been trying so hard to eat well. I've been writing down what I eat, not for the purpose of counting calories (okay, maybe a little bit, because I really want to know), but I want to know what's going in. What makes me feel full, what doesn't. What do I enjoy, what is ho hum.


With all that being said, I'm really trying to eat more real food. By real, I mean, it doesn't come in a box. I've done okay. Clearly it isn't a cold turkey situation. I've been eating lots of fruit and veggies, and trying my best to make sure dinners are healthy and feature less preservatives. I hate milk, I only use it for cereal, so I bought some almond milk and I'll see how that goes. I'm thinking some kind of smoothie tomorrow for breakfast, if it happens I'll tell you about it. Although it would have to include strawberries, bananas, almond milk, and spinach. I don't have anything else for it. Oh well, we shall see.

I'm also thinking the almond milk will taste great in my coffee. We shall see. Soymilk is only okay, but I'm really hoping this almond milk will suffice. No photos, I know, which makes for a boring post. Sorry. Well, here is an adorable photo of my cousin Hannah to end with:





Oh and by the way, check out my sister's blog. She's not going to be able to update all the time, but while she works at Shoshone Base Camp, part of Lutherhaven, in Idaho, you'll see tons of neat stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment