Thursday, May 10, 2012

Things that get on my nerves, but I don't like to dwell on negative things, so this will be quick.  

I've lost 30 pounds, and it feels amazing.
I've also lost 2 - 3 pants sizes.  
That feels great too.  

I now look like this:


(Ignore the mess)

I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm glad that I was able to to do this for myself.  

I do however, have a problem with people saying I am too skinny.  
I am not too skinny.
I am now average.
It frustrates me that people tell me to not lose anymore and to maintain because I'll be too thin.  I might look like a starving Somalian child.  Those things are almost as hurtful as someone telling me I still look fat.  
If you weren't a fat child, you don't know what it means to be thin.  I have never been thin.  I have never been average even, until now.  
I know you think you're speaking in my best interest, or that you think I am being too extreme, but you don't know.  
You can say, oh when I used to wear a size 4 or before I had kids I was so slender.  
I don't have that option.  
My when I was thinner, is now.  
Let's take a trip down memory lane (from puberty forward) at what size pants I wore:

12 - 12
13 - 12
14 - 14
15 - 16
16 - 12
17 - 12
18 - 12
19 - 14
20 - 14
21 - 10
22 - 8
23 - 12
24 - 14
25 - 6 -8

Now, from the age of 12, only was once I even close to the size I am now.  I'm not saying that wearing an 8 or a 10 is a bad thing, but I wanted to be healthier, feel better about myself, and look better.  There wasn't a time that I was happy about myself back then.  It frustrates me to no end that people tell me to be something I'm not.  

The first question they asked me was, who wants you to lose more weight?  I assume they think that Chris is pressuring me.  I've been dating him an awful long time for that to matter.  And no, it isn't him, it is me.  I want to be strong and fit and healthy.  I want to wear cute clothes and feel comfortable in my own skin.  Is that really a big deal?  

I am not too skinny, I will never be too skinny.  But you don't help someone by telling them they are too thin.  Unless you know they aren't eating or are abusing their bodies, or using drugs, let them be.  They will be happier that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment