Saturday, April 23, 2011

twelve years

And nothing has changed. Well, except that everything has changed. My grandmother has missed a lot in our lives and I miss her a lot. Last night I was watching the "Girls Night Out" special honoring some of the greatest women in country music. I went to bed after Miranda Lambert performed, she is my fave, but then when I woke up, I heard that Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill had performed this (my grandma's fave) and it is so fitting:




Here is one of my favorite pictures of her and I (my grandma, not Carrie Underwood):



(Yes that's little baby me. Maybe around 6 months old or so?)


It is kind of perfect that this anniversary is falling on Easter weekend. Anyway, I miss you grandma Pat, but I know that you would love everything all of us are doing these days. I hope we are making you the most proud grandmother ever. I wish I could remember your voice, and I wish I could have spent time with you as an adult. I hope I still look like you as some people have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment