Sunday, April 17, 2011

give a little or give a lot


Some may recognize these people. Some may not, and others probably won't care. I care, a lot though. They are my absolute new inspiration and, although I hate to use the word idol, next to my family, they are who I want to be in life. Say hello to the Tuohy family. Sean, Leigh Anne, Collins, Sean Jr., and of course, Michael Oher. I'm sure you've heard of The Blind Side so you have probably heard Michael's story. Right now I am in the process of reading, In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving. I have always been about making someone better, as are the Tuohy's. They give and give and give and give. After starting the book, it is almost contagious.


Now, this book focuses more on the lives of Sean and Leigh Anne. They are some of the most incredible and inspirational people I have ever heard of or read. Not only that, but they are just how I have always wanted to be. 1. They are southern. I love the south, when we drove on our road trip through there I loved it. If I did not live in San Diego, I would choose to live in Tennessee or Alabama or somewhere like that. I love it. 2. They are whole hearted, don't push it down your throat but it is a requirement in life Christians. The kind I strive to be. 3. They give without having to receive and they give a lot. I love that about people. 4. They were strict with their kids. Exactly how things should be. My parents weren't strict, but I believe in the Tuohy rules. If you are too busy with activities there is no time for sex, drugs, and alcohol. Two thumbs up in my book. 5. Leigh Anne carries a gun. I've always wanted to carry one. Maybe not in my purse, but maybe so.


I want to grow up and be just like them. I hope that I can continue to grow towards what they are. They are exceptional people who do more for others than they might have done for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment